Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a 20MF Series LCD TV Magnavox, model 20mf251 Serial

Customer Question

I have a 20MF Series LCD TV Magnavox, model 20mf251
Serial # ***** LL1A0621025758
I noticed the power button flashing red/blue, tv will not turn on and I checked all the plugs
& satellite hook up and everything seems fine. I push the power button and the tv will not turn on. I don't know it is something major or not. If so I will just throw the TV out or is there something I am doing wrong? Any suggestions.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If it doesn't fix the issue then most suspected thing is power supply board in TV which wouldn't be providing sufficient volts to main board of TV to work properly and causing the issue. It needs to check output volts (12V, 24V with multimeter to sort it out and swapping the power board in TV will help to resolve the problem, required power board part number is ***** (HGP-DTV205.PCB, DTV205) that can be used to search/google to get price info if you wish to repair the TV yourself as power board would be available around $50 or so. Taking this TV in would cost good money and this doesn't worth.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.