Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Tim. I have a Vizio LCD TV which will not respond to any

Customer Question

Hi Tim. I have a Vizio LCD TV which will not respond to any remote commands except to turn on (and then won't turn off). I spoke with Vizio IT who is sending me a new remote. I am skeptical that the actual remote is broken as when I test it with a digital camera, a signal is definitely being sent. I have power cycled both remote and TV. The IT person was a teenager, and I felt like in my limited knowledge I was troubleshooting better than he was. Any thoughts?
Customer
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
Please disconnect all antenna/cable/audio/video/network connections from the back of the tv. Unplug the Tv POWER cord. Wait 3 full minutes then plug in ONLY the tv POWER cord and try to turn on the tv and check for normal operation with the Vizio remote like volume, menu, input.
** REPLY to continue **
** do NOT start a new question **
** REFRESH this page if you don't see my reply **
** IGNORE the subscription POP UPS **