Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I GOT A 42" PLASMA TV EMERSON BRAND, MODEL PL-P42W-10A THIS

Customer Question

I GOT A 42" PLASMA TV EMERSON BRAND, MODEL PL-P42W-10A
THIS IS THE PROBLEM TV WORK FINE FOR 20 MINS. BUT THEN START GETTING HOT AND LOSING COLOR
PLEASE GET ANY IDEA ABOUT THIS PROBLEM
THANKS
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Does TV stay On with black and white picture or shuts down?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no,,, TV remain working but pictures look discolored and get hot on screen

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.
Please push menu button on TV or its remote, does TV own menu graphic screen appears normal or also effected?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

looks normal

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, - Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, so hard reset (unplug - replug) didn't work either.
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

YES IN ALL OF THEM

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Ed for the info.
It seems problem of logic control board, it is small board that would be mounted on middle of rear of panel, I would check output volts of power supply board as they would be stamped near the connectors, if volts are stable when problem occurs in TV then swapping the logic control board will help to resolve the issue.
If output volts of power supply board isn't correct then replace the power board, please check following supplier link where required boards are available on cheap price..
http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=PL-P42W-10A
If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.