Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Samsung 51" TV Model Code PN51E440A2FXZA Version No

Customer Question

I have a Samsung 51" TV Model Code PN51E440A2FXZA Version No TD02.
I am unable to change the channels manually. I am connected to a comcast remote.
Gery Gingras
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
When you're using a Comcast remote- tied to a Comcast cable box- you don't actually do any of the channel changing on the TV itself. This all happens within the cable box.
So, can you please elaborate on the problem? For example, was this cable box working with the TV previously? What do you see on your screen right now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was working with the box before today.
I only have one channel on the screen and it is either 2 or 3
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, are you able to see any programming on channel 2 or 3?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry I don't use the phone facility the site offers- I don't find it conducive to tech problems. Please reply back to the Info requested and we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
There's a couple of causes of the problem you're having, and the info I'm requesting helps me narrow down what the solution is.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to see my replies?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Thank you for attempting. Perhaps we can continue on line.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
No problem- and you're welcome. I can sort this, but I need to know the specific info requested below:1) Are you able to see any programming on channels 2 or 3? 2) When you press the channel button on the cable remote, can you see the numbers changing on the front of the box? 3) (Important) Can you check the back of the TV where that cable box plugs into, and let me know if it says "HDMI"?