Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Lg 60Pa6500 wont turn on. its currently unplugged, but when

Customer Question

Lg 60Pa6500 wont turn on. its currently unplugged, but when its plugged in it makes a clicking noise as if it were trying to turn on and the red indicator light flashes
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. The expert you requested is not online but I will be glad to assist you. Can you please tell me how long you've owned the set for and when the problem occurred? Also, is there any response at all from the power button (any additional click- screen lights up even for a second, etc.)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 yrs. just happened this morning
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply. The clicking is a relay on the power supply board cycling due to a detected "short". This can be caused by either the power board or the Mainboard having a failure. However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up. Try this procedure up to 4 times if subsequent tries do not work. Please reply back and we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Are there any changes from the set at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, this is either a faulty power board or Mainboard. In order to narrow it down, and repair yourself, you will need a Multi-Meter then I can run you through a couple of tests. Let me know if you would like to proceed in that direction. If not, then this would require repairs at a shop with the average cost for this repair on your set being n the $300 range (parts and labor). I'm sorry for the bad news here- and if you'd like you can use the link below to locate a tech in your area: www.tvrepairpros.com Alternatively, if you're a DIY type and looking to self-repair- then postback to that effect and we can proceed. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to see my reply and did you need further assistance with this?