Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Vizio TV model # *****= Symptom,at turn ON the Vizio comes

Customer Question

Vizio TV model # *****= Symptom,at turn ON the Vizio comes OK for a few seconds and goes Dimm, no sound no picture.- Tito CET
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Please elaborate on the following: 1) How long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur? 2) What do you mean by "goes Dimm"? Do you mean the screen gets dark but you can still see an image?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the letters that said Vizio,we turn the set On and the Vizio goes bright for a few seconds and you can the hear in the power supply a noise that the est is trying to go,but shuts down,I a Technician tryin to repair this set for a customer,after a few seconds the Vizio logo goes dark, no back light.-
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, what color is the power light when the set shuts down- Amber or White? Also, do you have a Meter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
White,bright white and after shuts down dimm white
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a meter- yes or no please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes,when the logo is white the 12 V are there only for a fraction of a second.-
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, and then it drops out- backlight goes out, etc. correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is not back light any time.-
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Oh, so the Vizio Welcome Screen never hows up- you were talking about the power light? Sounded like you meant the screen shows the Vizio logo.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
When you said- "at turn ON the Vizio comes OK for a few seconds and goes Dimm"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no,is the power light indicator,repeat, not back light any time.-
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Gotcha.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
In this case since you get 12 volts for a fraction of a second, then drops back down- with no backlights (LED drivers aren't engaging), then you would need to replace the power board to fix this issue. The board can be purchased at the link below for $45 and change to fix the set. Average repair cost is in the $200-$225 range (parts and labor): http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio-56-04263-121-power-supply-unit.htm If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance?