Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have Samsung TV (Model UN4688000XF). The TV wont turn on,

Customer Question

I have Samsung TV (Model UN4688000XF). The TV wont turn on, it has power. The TV just makes a clicking sound. This is common with Samsung's. I was told it has a blown capacitor, but I don't see any capacitors that look blown. Can you help me with this
matter?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Capacitors can appear pristine and still be blown- so you can't always tell by looking at them.
You're either looking at a power board or mainboard failure in every case. Please unplug the set from power, then remove the connections to the Mainboard. Plug the TV back into power and let me know if the screen lights up (backlights).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I diid that, and nothing happened. I just heard a click when i plugged the power cord in the wall outlet.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so the most likely fault is a bad power board. Do you have a multi-meter so we can test this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't received a phone call or confirmation. What is going on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Tech requested the phone call. Can this be resolved over the computer?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I certainly didn't request a phone call- as I don't use the phone facility on the site- as I don't find it conducive to tech problems. I sent an info request about 5 hours ago and it was never replied to. If you would like to proceed, please reply back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do not have a multi-meter
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, then I will need to opt out since there's no other way to isolate what is wrong with the TV.