Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

The smart tv remote is not functioning.. we changed the batteries

Customer Question

The smart tv remote is not functioning.. we changed the batteries and we get the screen with this pin code to give to a service rep: 1760-0991 Can you call us at(###) ###-####
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. What is the model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv
2. How long have you had the Tv?
** REPLY to continue **
** do NOT start a new question **
** REFRESH this page if you don't see my reply **
** IGNORE the subscription POP UPS **
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
not able to call you, sorry. can walk you through this online. right now we need simple information like what is the model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model number is: UN55F7100AFXZA and I've had it for 1.5 years so far
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
great! please give me a few minutes, don't go anywhere
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
just to clarify-
You are trying to get the samsung smart touch controller to function, correct? Not another remote like cable box, bluray player, universal remote...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That<s correct.... and now when we try to open the tv we get the message at the bottom of the screen that <<this function is available only when TV is selected as the source<< and if we choose TV as the source nothing happens.....None of the regular remotes seem to be functioning....
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Let's re-pair the remote to the tv:
Turn on the Tv.
Take the rear battery cover off the remote.
Get close to the tv.
Press and HOLD the Bluetooth Pairing button (located inside the remote battery compartment).
Watch the tv screen for the Bluetooth icon that changes to the remote battery level indicator.
Release the Bluetooth Pairing button and put the rear cover back on the remote.
Test if your remote is now working.
If you need more assistance, REPLY back here and before you go please remember to click the positive rating so I get credit for helping you today.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happens...I still have the message at the bottom of the screen that says that <<this function is available only when TV is selected as the source<
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
You located the pairing button inside the rear cover of the remote? correct
Did you not see the bluetooth icon appear on the screen while you were holding that pairing button?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I located the pairing button inside the remote and held it while close to the tv and nothing happens. the screen remains black except for the message that says that this function is available only when the tv source is selected.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
unplug the tv POWER cord.
wait three full minutes.
plug the power cord back in.
turn on the tv.
check if the remote is working by pressing the MENU button. If the menu won't come on the screen using the remote then REPEAT the PAIRING process.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK..did that, but no results.... the screen remains black except for the same message at the bottom of the screen...
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
can you control the functions of the tv using the joystick on the rear corner of the tv?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
If the joystick on the tv is working and you are sure the batteries in the remote are good and installed correctly then you will need to replace the remote. Here is one trusted source to buy a replacement:
http://www.newremotecontrol.com/samsung/catalog_item.php?catnum=AA5900772A
If the joystick is not working then the tv needs parts and service. If you are interested in performing the repairs yourself then reply back here and I will be happy to assist with that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, it would have been much better service if I could have spoken to you live.... .. I just settled my problem by speaking to a local person who is familiar with TV's...but thanks anyways.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
settled how?