Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I purchased a Vizio 24" E-series tv 5/29/2015. It was working

Customer Question

I purchased a Vizio 24" E-series tv 5/29/2015. It was working great and then we went to turn it on Thursday and it was like it was unplugged. It seems there is no electric going to it. We tested the electric and changed the plug. Is there a reset button?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. If there's no sign of life at all from the TV (power light is not lit, and screen does not light when power is pressed), then this could very well likely be a power supply board failure in the set. However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up. Try this procedure up to 3 times if subsequent tries do not work. If this does not work, then this is a hardware failure in the set, and since you've owned it for less than a year, this is something that Vizio would cover under warranty. In this case you would contact them at the number below and setup a repair tag. VIZIO: To obtain warranty service, contact VIZIO Technical Support via email:***@******.*** or via phone at(###) ###-####from 7:00AM to 11:00PM Monday through Friday and 10:00AM to 6:00PM Saturday and Sunday, Central Time, or visit www.VIZIO.com. Pre-authorization must be obtained before sending any product to a vizio service Center. Proof of purchase in the form of a purchase receipt or copy thereof is required to show that a Product is within the warranty period. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This didn't work either
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, what I was saying above is that was the only thing you can try on a user level. Beyond that, no signs of life on the set indicates a failure on the power board inside the TV. In order to fix this requires removing the back of the set which would VOID your warranty. So, I'm sorry for the bad news but the next step would be to contact Vizio above and start a warranty claim as I had mentioned earlier. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Or, if you're a DIY type and don't want to send the set in for repairs, I can pot the source for the power supply board if you'd like to purchase it and replace it. Keep in mind this would be an out of pocket repair though.
Let me know if there's any thing further that you need.