Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I'm having issues with my GE TV, Model # ***** in that I can't get it to

Customer Question

Hi, I'm having issues with my GE TV, Model # ***** in that I can't get it to work with the remote. This is an older tv that was a free hand-me-down about two years ago. I can manually turn the tv on, and I can even play my Nintendo 64 on it just fine, but the remote does not work with it anymore. I changed the batteries on the remote, hit the power button and the tv turned on.... after that, though, the TV did not work with the remote at all. I even bought a new remote and that did not work either. I am concerned because this model does not have a button to allow me to change from TV to VCR input, and so without a remote.. I'm not sure I can watch movies or anything (which is the only reason I have the TV). I wondered if the remote sensor might be bad, but I can't seem to find that part for this model anywhere to even try replacing it. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first a few questions ;
That replacement remote you got , was it an original or a universal remote ?
Do you happen to have a cell phone camera,digital camera or any camera that has a display or screen to test the remote ?