Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Thank you. My tv is not receiving a connection from my cable

Customer Question

Thank you. My tv is not receiving a connection from my cable box. I confirmed with the cable company that information is being received into the cable box. I have switch HDMI cables, rebooted tv and cable box, went through all of the source choices on the tv. Nothing. Can the tv be the problem
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time.
Could be bad hdmi port on the cable box. Try this box on another tv and/or get the box replaced.
Could be bad hdmi port(s) on the tv. Try the other ports on the tv. Try another device like a bluray player with hdmi.
If you find the cable box is good and other devices will not work on the tv hdmi then you have a few choices-
use COMPONENT Video which is still HD quality.
or
replace the Main board inside the tv which means taking the back off the tv, ordering the part, installing it into the tv. The board can cost $75-$150 depending on the model number of the tv.
If you need help with any of the above REPLY back here and before you go any further, please be sure to take a moment right now to click the positive rating so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating.
Please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy. Doing that destroys my standing here as a professional and does not issue you a refund. Instead REPLY back here.
Thank you,