Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

When I turn on the TV it clicks on the light indicator goes

Customer Question

When I turn on the TV it clicks on the light indicator goes on and off for a few mins then it comes on after a few mins what can be the problem
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Do you get normal picture and sound on TV once it comes On?
Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Did you get above reply?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, so TV shows normal picture when turns On.
TV clicks on the light indicator goes on and off for a few minutes is known problem of failing capacitors on power supply board so either replace capacitors on power board (it requires good soldering work with proper tools and expertise) or entire power board in TV (its rather easy, plug and play type work, no soldering) will help to resolve the issue.
Required power supply board part number is ***** or BN44-00201A that can be used to search/google to get price and stock info to order the power board if you wish to do-it-yourself.
If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.