Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a 2007 Samsung that won't turn on. I just put in

Customer Question

Hi! I have a 2007 Samsung that won't turn on. I just put in new bulb...still no picture
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
What lights are lit or blinking on the front of the set please?or are all 3 blinking?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The LAMP light blinks for awhile and I hear the fan trying to warm up. Then it will light up the red standby and shut off, sometimes it also lights up the green TEMP light before shutting off again...
Should I just try cleaning everything?
Have you heard any unusual humming or screeching noises coming from the set into the lead up to this failure?
Where did you get the lamp from please and for what price?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it just makes the fan noise and the start up noise. The only thing I can think of is if its dirty.... I ordered the bulb online from a distributor.
What do you think I should try if the bulb wasnt the isue?
Was this exactly the same issue as BEFORE you replaced the lamp? How much did you pay for this new lamp please? Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes same issue as before. I paid $49 for it.
Are you sure its the fan you can hear and not a loud noise?sounds like a humming rather than a fanThe next suspect after the lamp is the color wheelAgain are you sure all 3 lights are not blinking when the set shuts down?