Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Can you sell me the remote Olivia ric-Ltu.?

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. I can't sell you the remote directly - this is a support site, we only advise on repair/service issues - no items are sold directly from justanswer.I can however provide you with sources from which to purchase a replacement remote for your tv. Typically there are 3 options here:1) An oem/factory remote (exact replacement)2) A "substitute" remote, which is like a universal remote but programmed exactly to replicate your original one even though it looks different3) A universal remote which may operate some (but usually not all) functions of the tv. An OEM remote is idea, because it will be exactly what the tv came with and work for all functions.For older tvs and more obscure brands, or the low quality/poorly supported brands (like Olevia), these are nearly impossible to find though (at least not new), or are extremely expensive. Universal remotes in general don’t’ work well or at all (only a few of the most basic functions), which generally leaves you looking at higher end universal remotes as the only option. Here is an OEM remote: http://amzn.to/1Sb6ch1Here is a substitute remote: http://amzn.to/1fqYHGO Lastly, you may prefer to invest in a more robust, true universal remote to control all of your devices, such as a logitech harmony (click here for example) that will work for all of your devices. It is programmed through an easy to use software program on your computer, which downloads the most up to date remote and device codes from the internet, so it is virtually guaranteed to work with all equipment. It will also give you easy to use macro functionality, so you can press a single button to watch a movie for example, and it will turn on the dvd player, tv, and surround system, tune to the correct inputs on the tv, and start the movie playing, etc. Best regards,Nathan