Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Picture has several horizontal lines going across and what

Customer Question

picture has several horizontal lines going across and what looks like a hump coming out of the right side
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first note that if you request a phone call , in most cases i can do that but the website charges for this is an EXTRA $18 and NOT TOTAL $18 .
For other billing inquiries phone # *****
That being said ;
Do you have various equipment like a cable box, dvd,bluray,games etc. connected to this tv ?
If so , did you notice this problem no matter what equipment is playing on tv ?
If you open the TV's own menu , does it cover those lines where it opens or the lines are still visible over it ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lines are visible with open menu
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Ok then this looks like you may have defective y-buffer boards or the y-sustain board itself.
In any case this is not something that can be repaired with some sort of reset I`m afraid .
I don`t know if you had in mind to look into repairing this yourself but if you`ll give me a few minutes , i will get you the details for a "do it yourself " or shop type of repair .
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for waiting .The parts for this tv are incredibly cheap and by the look of it you may be able to get away with around $40 in parts , you can see the buffers and y-sustain (y-main) at the link below ;http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=PN43D450A2DIf you are to look into repairing this yourself though you will need first to match your boards with the correct version , more than one version for this model.If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $200 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the links below and enter your zip code ;www.tvrepairpros.comOr this one;http://www.tvrepairman.comThis will give you a list of repair shops in your area.You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around.If that answers your question please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions or need help , thank you