Eric, Technician
Experience:  TV Repairman for over 30 years, still working in the field
22241082

I have a 60 inch LG plasma tv when u turn it on it just powers

Customer Question

I have a 60 inch LG plasma tv when u turn it on it just powers up then switches off and on every10 seconds or so
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you please lookup your tv`s model number again located on the back cover ?
hile the tv is on , doe sthe sound and picture appear normal ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model number 60ps60fd/8a LG and no picture comes on screen it just keeps power cycling
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
I`m sorry but I can`t find any info on this model and will have to opt out now.
You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.
Just stand by and someone should be with you shortly .
PS. Do not reply to this or it will be sent back to me instead of reposted.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** found your model and can assist you with diagnosing and possibly repairing it.do you have tools and technical ability. screwdriver, voltmeter,etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm not at home but if u can send me directions on how and what I need to test unplug ect I will have no problem doing it
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
Troubleshooting will involve removing the back, if you have a voltmeter testing the DC voltages on the power board marked VS (around 200volts) and VA (65v) , if you do not have a voltmeter, or disconnecting the plugs to the X scan and Yscan boards to see if the TV still recycles (reboots) can give a clue.
if disconnecting the scanboards changes the way the TV was rebooting may indicate a short on a board. but to be sure all power supply voltages should be checked with a voltmeter. If the VS and VA stay on there may be a control board
issue. Plasma TVs are not the easiest sets to fix. Always do a visual first looking for Bulging Capacitors and burnt parts. let me know what you can check.
thx
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had already unplugged the x and y sus boards and it still did same thing with them both disconnected
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a voltmeter? the only way to troubleshoot is by checking voltages
On the power supply board, find connector P11. Looking on the circuit board just next to that P11 connector, do you see a wire labeled Vs? And another labeled Va?
Check if when powered on the VS goes to around 200volts and stays there, the VA should go to 65volts.
If the voltage goes up upon power on and then down let me know.
If you can not check voltages , guessing which board is bad is impossible. (or rather expensive)
Let me know if you checked the VS and VA
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm at work today I will try that tonight
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.
ok let me know