Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I got a new cable box and an having trouble setting it up.

Customer Question

I got a new cable box and an having trouble setting it up. It says on TV no cable connectedand to press source I have done that please help me(###) ###-####
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, In order to help you I need to ask for more info.
1) How is the cable box connected to the Samsung- is it using an HDMI cable, component video cables (5 colored RCA cables)?
2) Can you get me the model number off the back of the TV?
3) When you press SOURCE on the original Samsung remote, what exactly shows up on your screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says no cable connection and the settings of your source device> My Samsung uses HDMI
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, "no cable connection" means you're selecting the wrong/incorrect source. Which HDMI port on the TV are you plugged into (HDMI 1, 2, or 3)? Are you using the Source button to select the correct HDMI port (1, 2 or 3 respectively)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HDM1
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay I had asked two questions- and you simply replied back "HDMI 1".
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Are you actually able to select HDMI 1 as the SOURCE?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please call me
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
The site charges extra for a phone call, and I do not feel it's conducive to this type of question. If you need a phone call, I will opt out and open the question to other experts, but again- the phone call is an additional charge. Or, you can reply back here.