Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have old high Def Panasonic tv. It doesn't turn on the power

Customer Question

I have old high Def Panasonic tv. It doesn't turn on the power button flashes 3 times.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
The number you sent for the model is not correct please could you re-check it on the back of the set?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PT-53TW53G
OK just give me 5 mins to check up on this
Anthony
I am sorry I need to go on a call I will open this up to other experts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Please await someone else if no-one replies I will get back to you
Sorry for the inconvenience
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok still waiting thx
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, and for the delay. Your question was on a 15 minute hold that only Anthony could respond to. Can you please recheck your model number, PY53TW53G is not a valid model.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PT-53TW53G
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information, and my apologies for missing you earlier. Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, with that 3 blink pattern pointing to a faulty convergence circuit, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).This could also be the result of age related wear and tear, as a 2003 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. This is something that will require repairs to correct. If you are highly skilled with electronics repairs and wish to attempt it yourself, you can buy a kit with a new convergence chip and resistors (some of the commonly failed components) that would need to be soldered into place. That parts kit is around $75, though not a guaranteed fix. You could also buy a whole new DG board (used/refurb) for about $100.Otherwise, you can expect a repair at a local shop to be in the $300 range. For a tv of this age, replacement will often make more sense, as you can buy a brand new LED tv with updated features and a fresh warranty for not much more. A 50" flatscreen would be in the $500 range these days. Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan