Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Can you tell me what causes my haier le32d2320a television

Customer Question

can you tell me what causes my haier le32d2320a television back light to flash.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. What causes the backlights to flash is called "oscillation" and it's caused by one or more components that are out of spec on the power supply/LED board- it's typically caused by capacitors, regulators or transformers that drift out and are essentially no good. This requires replacement of the power supply/LED board- which is something you can do yourself and save about $125 over what a shop charges. Can you please tell me if this set is over a year old (out of warranty), and if you're looking to do the work yourself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes tv is just 1 year old out of warranty. I would like to know which parts to change on which board.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, you will need to remove the back of the TV and then pull the part number of of the power supply board (the one that attaches to the AC cord jack), and then Google that part number to find a replacement. Simply searching your model number yields no results for parts- so we need the actual part number off of the board.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know how to order the complete board. What I would like to know is the part on the board that needs replacement.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I would have no way of determining that without the board in front of me and tracing the voltages with a meter- which is not something my shop does with TV's. If you're looking to repair down to a compinent level, one would assume you already know how to trace voltages?