Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

The remote quite working, you can not shut it off, change

Customer Question

the remote quite working, you can not shut it off, change channels, or turn volume down. Put new batteries in remote. and it still dose not work. Even unplugged tv and turned it back on. the remote just quite.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Do the physical buttons on the tv itself still work for power, volume, input, etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming.This leaves 2 possible causes of the problem - either a faulty remote, or a bad sensor in the tv.Lets try a quick test of the factory remote. Take the tv remote into a dim/dark room, and look at the infrared emitter at the front edge of the remote, as viewed through the DISPLAY (not the viewfinder) of a digital camera. A cell phone cam, web cam, security camera, etc will also work. Each time you press a button on the remote, you should see the emitter at the front light up, flash, or glow slightly. If you do, then the remote is functional. If you do not, then the remote is bad and would need to be replaced.Let me know the results,Nathan