Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Pioneer 65" plasma that I hate to get rid of but it

Customer Question

I have a Pioneer 65" plasma that I hate to get rid of but it isn't coming on and flashes 8 times. Any idea what that means?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. 8 blinks is a Power Supply PCB failure on a Pioneer Plasma, and it is fixable. If you're looking to fix the set yourself, please reply back with the model number off of the back of the set, or otherwise, a repair at a shop for this blink is generally in the $350-$450 range (parts and labor inclusive). If you go the latter route, you can use the link below to locate a tech in your area:
www.tvrepairpros.com
If you need further assistance, simply reply back and please do not forget to rate my service as positive so that I am credited.