Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Vizio tv logo flashing and won't come back on after a lightning s

Customer Question

Vizio tv logo flashing and won't come back on after a lightning strike yesterday. The Vizio logo will.come back on the screen but will shut off soon after
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Vizio sign on the bottom of tv just flashes....then the tv will power on but on show the v on the TV then goes completely out and the logo at the bottom flashes white and orange
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, often a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This would be consistent with the lightening strike and damage caused by the corresponding power surge. Unfortunately surge damage really takes a toll on these tvs and often damages multiple components. Without being certain of the exact process you followed, I'd like you to try another please:1) Unplug the power cord from the tv2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct. Assuming you have a bad main board, at a minimum, you'd be looking at about a $160 part. If the power supply is damaged as well that is about another $60 part. Figure about $150 for diagnostics/labor to have a local tech install it for you. For a 5 year old model tv, you may prefer to invest in a replacement at this point, as you'll be spending about half the replacement cost on repairs for a tv that is at/near the end of its service life anyway.Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know. Best regards ***** ***** for the news,Nathan