Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a TX-P50GT50B which wont power on since yesterday

Customer Question

. I have a TX-P50GT50B which wont power on since yesterday and red light blinks 3 times, any suggestion on what could be wrong? It is 2 years old. There were lightening storms yesterday. It clicks when powered up but only the LED flashes
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
The set needs to be re-booted by unplugging from wall-power waiting 5 mins then re-plugging back in again let me know if there is any change from doing that
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried this and for longer period even overnight and it still shows 3 blinking lights
3 blinks is a boot problem the set is not fully booting up a board wll need to be replaced in the set, do you think you can do this work yourself?I will provide all the necessary info for that.
An ability to use a meter will help
Let me know please
A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site, please note the question will remain open
Regards
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can do it myself, I already have have the TV open and can see the power board in the center of the the unit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a meter also
OK you need to check that the 5vdc supply to the mainboard (one with AV connectors on )is good it should be marked on the power board that standby 5vdc make sure its good, set switched on
Anthony