Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a sharp model:LC-40D68UT and the right side of the

Customer Question

Hi, I have a sharp model:LC-40D68UT and the right side of the tv is dark. Any ideas?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first note that if you request a phone call , in most cases i can do that but the website charges for this is an EXTRA $18 and NOT TOTAL $18 .
For other billing inquiries phone # *****
That being said ;
Did this problem happen all of sudden or gradually got worse over the last few days/weeks ?
Like it started in spots and now is spreading ?
Does it get better/worse as the TV's warms up or stays the same ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it gradually got worse. from the middle of the tv to the right side is dark. you can still see whats on the tv but its much darker then the left side. I seams to stay the same once the tv has warmed up.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k and would you say that it is spreading or has spread horizontally across the screen ?Starting from the middle you said ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's doesn't seem to be spreading. Starting from the middle the right side is dark.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then let me ask this another way ;Is it a clean straight line cut up/down the screen as if you had divided the screen or is it washed over to the right side , no clean cut up/down the screen ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correct, from the middle gradually gets dark to the right. no clean cut line
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then I wish I could tell you that you have a bad inverter board or t-con board but from this description there is only one conclusion I`m afraid , you lcd panel has gone defective and nothing but replacing it will repair this.Sorry but that makes the tv practically unrepairable due to the high cost of panels .It would cost as much to repair this as buying a new tv and then again that is if you could find a panel.Sorry to be the bearer of bad news and wish i had an easy solution for you today ,like some sort of reset but this is not the case i`m afraid .Hope this help and I will be in standby if you have any questions.Thank you and please take the time to rate my answer if that answers your question and you can still reach me here at anytime after this chat is rated if you have other questions.Please note that from where i`m sitting there is just so much that i can do and if you are going to rate my answer below O.K service then please do not rate at all , just let me know.