Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

The blue light started to blink when I turn the Hatachi Ultra

Customer Question

The blue light started to blink when I turn the Hatachi Ultra Vision tv on. But the TV does not come on while the blue light continues to blink
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Could you please let me know the model number found on the back of the set ?thank you
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
P50S601
OK have you tried re-booting the set?un-plugging the set from wallpower waiting 5 mins then replugging back in again?if not could you please do that and let me know the results before we move on thanks
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did, but not for 5 minutes. I will do it again for 5 minutes
OK let me know
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It did not work. After reboot, I turned the power button on, and there was a second of the picture trying to come on, but the screen went black and the blue light started blinking. Also, when I try to turn the power off manually or with the remote control, the blue light continues to blink
The cause of this is usually bad buffer boards so what needs to be done as an overview is the boards visually examined then if proven to be bad the board(s) ordered and fitted in the set now a tech would charge around $300 for this work, if you think you can do work yourself I would be very happy to help you with the work it may also mean using a meter.
If you need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area
I am sorry this is not something easier
Please let me know if its within your scope to do this work or you need more info
A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site, please note the question will remain open
Regards
Anthony