Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Have a Hitachi Ultravision LCD that pixilates. I have replaced

Customer Question

have a Hitachi Ultravision LCD that pixilates. I have replaced the cable box with one that works fine, and tv still pixilates.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first note that if you request a phone call , in most cases i can do that but the website charges for this is an EXTRA $18 and NOT TOTAL $18 .
For other billing inquiries phone # *****
That being said ;
When you say " pixilates" , do you mean like static in the picture ?
Do you hear noise from the speakers when this happens ?
Do you have other equipment like a dvd,bluray,games etc. connected to this tv ?
If so , did you notice this problem no matter what equipment is playing on tv ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Picture has lines or comes and goes. Do not have anything other than the cable box hooked up to it
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Sorry ,had to step out for a bit.
If you did try another cable box then it does rule out the box and those line do not sound like a reception problem on the cable system .
About those lines , when they appear , do they cover the whole screen and are they vertical ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes there is no picture at all. Other times just part of a picture. it just flashes on and off
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then I have reports of defective lcd controller (t-con) board for this model and this is what it sounds like ,how do you want to proceed from here ?Look into this yourself or the repair shop ?Let me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself ,otherwise i will give you the details and costs you could expect.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
If you do wish to look into repairing this yourself then you can get that board at the link below for $45 ;http://www.shopjimmy.com/auo-55-42t23-c05-t-con-board.htmIf that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $200 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the links below and enter your zip code ;www.tvrepairpros.comOr this one;http://www.tvrepairman.comThis will give you a list of repair shops in your area.You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around.If that answers your question please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions or need help , thank you