Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

Anthony. Is it really you, or a machine? Read more: http://www.jus

Customer Question

Hi Anthony. Is it really you, or a machine?
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Anthony is currently offline.I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question...yes, it is really us, we are not machines :) How can we help you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete. Still online?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are three pictures of what the screen looks like.
Do you have the detailed symptom description that I originally posted?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you out there Pete?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
What was your detailed symptom description?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you seen the detailed symptom description that I posted yesterday, and the screen pictures that I added today?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I can see the "What have you tried so far?" description and the pictures you added today, but I cannot see your original question and symptoms.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh, OK. This is an HP 5060N TV fabricated in 2006. It uses an LG 50x3 PDP.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A friend gave it to me after it broke. I believe that the symptoms grew progressively worse, but have no details as to how quicky or in what way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I turn it on, it always goes through the same sequence of images, similar to those in the pictures. When I press the MENU or INFO buttons, different images are displayed. This leads me to believe that the TV is attempting to display specific screens, but that the image is messed up.I have read the information in the LG PDP model service manual, and this type of image seems to be what they describe as a MAL discharge problem.Unfortunately, they say that it could originate in several places: The two Y Drive boards, the Y sustain board, the control board, corrupted software on teh control board, or the z sustain board.Can you assist me in locating the faulty board(s) and possibly even the faulty component?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually, that friend is on his way over, so I may be able to get more details as to how the fault progressed, but is is permanent now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does this make sense, and do you have this kind of experience and expertise?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there Pete?
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid that this is taking too long. I am going to seek another advisor, or perhaps go elsewhere for advice. Please close the order and do not charge me for the service. please refund my $5 downpayment. Thanks anyway. Andrew
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh, I see, well, if Anthony or someone else knows how to determine where the fault lies, please email me or call me, and if I have not already solved it we can continue. Thanks! Andrew
Sorry their is no way to isolate the issue other than to swap boards also it could very well be the panel itself
I only replied because your question was stuck on my board
If you need billing please email***@******.***
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Thanks for letting me know. Please close the case Anthony. Cheers. Andrew
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I don't want a phone call! Please just close the case.
OK sorry I could not be specific its not possible with this type of issue
Anthony