Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My 65 in. plasma tv does not give me a picture every time I

Customer Question

my 65 in. plasma tv does not give me a picture every time I turn it on. I get sound and can change channels but no picture. If I turn it off and back on multiple times efficiently I will get a picture and it works ok. Help It is a samsung 2 years old.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question

I am sorry you're having trouble here, if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

If the menu comes up it means you have lost the signal, please reboot any box you may be using by unplugging the box from wallpower waiting 5 mins then replugging back in again,it may be a good idea to do the same with the TV at the same time, if that does not work check the cable lead that goes from the box to the TV

Let me know please what the results are

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

still does not work

Chuck try another input like a DVD player does that work OK?if it does then you may need to get the box swapped

The menu coming up meas there is no signal.

Let me know

Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

dvd works, box is new

Chuck there is no signals coming from the box, if you are using a HDMI lead from the box to the TV swap that as that is the only thing outside the box being bad that is causing this if your using a satellite dish it could also be a problem with the dish.

The sets own menu coming up and the fact that it works OK with a DVD player rules out the set by 95%

Let me know if you need more info

A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site, please note the question will remain open

Regards
Anthony