Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

JVC LED TV model LT-32EM20 y will not power on any suggest

Customer Question

JVC LED TV model LT-32EM20 y will not power on any suggestions
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. How long have you had the tv?
2. Is there any led showing on or blinking on the front?
3. What have you tried so far to get it working?
** REPLY to continue **
** do NOT start a new question **
** REFRESH this page if you don't see my reply **
** IGNORE the subscription POP UPS **
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
someone gave it to me recently because it will not power up. no led no lights I plugged it in that is all
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a meter and previous experience testing live circuits?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I need to do this later when my kids are not here I am sorry can I call this evening or another time?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
any time, just bookmark/favorite this web page.
But will anyone there actually have a meter and previous experience testing live circuits?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have a meter but very little experience with electrical circuits
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Well, there isn't going to be any easy fix. The tv needs diagnosis and parts. It could be almost anything. First thing to check is the 4A Fuse near where the power cord plugs into the power board. If that is ok then you want to see if you are getting voltage from that power board over to the main board on the two wires (be careful of HARMFUL ELECTRICAL SHOCK and shorting which can damage other internal components). If both of those are good then it's either a bad Main board or Digital board, each are about $40 on shopjimmy.com or ebay.com
Before you go any further, please be sure to take a moment right now to click the positive rating so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not finish or close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating.
Please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy. Doing that destroys my standing here as a professional, and does not issue you a refund. Instead REPLY back here.
Thank you,