Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Samsung UN40H6350FXZA and a Bose 123 system.

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Samsung UN40H6350FXZA and a Bose 123 system. I use a digital audio out from the TV with a converter to analog (Red and White inputs) to AUX on the Bose center piece, however, when using Samsung Smart TV apps I get the audio from the TV channel and not from the Samsung app, i.e., Netflix. I need step by step instructions. Thank you.
Donald Veach***@******.***
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Can I ask why you're using an optical to analog converter on this set, since it has an analog (green mini jack) audio out? The reason I ask is that the Smart Apps in the TV will not output from the optical connection. They output from the HDMI ARC (which does also require a converter to use with the Bose), or in some cases (Samsung does not specify) they may output from the analog audio out. Have you tried the analog out yet?