Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

The internet was lost while. Now I cannot get the TV

Customer Question

The internet was lost for a while. Now I cannot get the TV service back
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Please elaborate what exactly you can't get service from- are you trying to view regular TV? If so, it's not likely this has much to do with your Internet, but moreso with your cable provider.
Please provide the following details:
1) What's the model number off the back of the TV?
2) How do you receive broadcasts (Cable Box, SAT Box, antenna, etc.)?
3) What exactly do you see on your TV screen right now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
vizio television not coming on and the cable box is just flashing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my television is not working and the cable box is just flashing
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
If the TV is not turning on, then this has nothing to do with the internet or cable- the TV should turn on regardless. I need to know: 1) What is the model number off of the back of the Vizio? 2) What signs of life are on the TV (does the screen light up when you press power, is the power light Amber, White or not lit at all)? 3) How long have you owned the TV for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing comes on when i press the ON button
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Please reply back to everything requested so we can proceed. 1) What is the model number? 2) How long have you owned it for? 3) What color is the power LIGHT on the TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and no the screen does'nt light when i press the on button
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Please read my Info Request in full and reply back if you would like assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the television is only a year old and if i can't speak to someone and have human communication then i will jus
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I will opt out. Good luck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just go with another cable company!
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
We are NOT your cable company. Your TV has a hardware failure, that is why I am asking you to tell me what the model number if the TV is and also how long you have owned it for.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is what iam talking about the darn cable box is just flashing and the television will not come on no light nothing
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Box flashing is a bad box. TV not turning on is a faulty TV. Since you cannot reply back with the model number off the back of the set, and also how long you have owned it for, wI cannot help you I'm afraid. I am opting out of the dialogue and perhaps another expert can assist you.