Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a television that keeps going off and then come back

Customer Question

i have a television that keeps going off and then come back on again Model # ***** software Version T-TD T5AUSC-1007.0
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. The DirecTv receiver has no bearing on the TV cycling itself off and on. Can you please tell me how long you've owned the set for and when the problem occurred?
Was it after a storm or power outage, or was the TV ever hard to start in the past?
Also, when you press power, does the set turn on, then back off repeatedly?
Or will it turn itself ON even after it's been OFF for awhile?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

8years problem been going on for 1 month maybe after a storm it turns off and on vary well even if the TV been off for a while it still goes off by itself then come back on fast

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately this is a common issue with Samsung sets, and there was actually a class action lawsuit against them that ended in 2012 for this problem. The TV is known for failures occurring internally on the power board (which causes it to shut off), and the Mainboard (which will cause it to turn back on by itself). There aren't any settings or adjustments that will fix this I'm afraid and it requires service. The average cost for this repair at a shop is between $200-$250 parts and labor unfortunately, and given that the TV can be replaced with a brand new 32" LED set for the same cost (prices have come donw substantially on these sets over the years), it is not a cost effective repair. I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Alternatively, if you're a DIY type, and have tools (A meter, etc.) then I can likely guide you through repairing this yourself. Other than that, there is not a quick fix for this however, If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.