Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a month old 50 in Sharp Aqous. version: SW 2.23.1 It

Customer Question

I have a month old 50 in Sharp Aqous. version: SW 2.23.1 It did not start this problem when I first got it set up but for at least 2 weeks it shots on every 3-4 hrs. So if I turn it off at 11 pm. It will b on around 3 am. I turn it off and it will be on at around 6 am. When I get home from work the tv is on for who knows how long. It also shot off at randum times. Maybe every 2-3 hrs. Please help. This using up energy and annoying when you are trying to get some sleep!
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Help please
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. You may want to return this and exchange it for another but before doing that can you test it with a different outlet? A different room just to test would be best.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FYI..... I want you to know I had unpluged the tv a week ago before the cable man came and pushed 2 buttons on my remote (!) and the tv cable returned but the on/off problem remained. I decided to unplug the TV again for a few hours today. So far in the last 5 hrs, it has not shout off. But I've been watching Netflicks. The tv is too big for me to move and plug into another outlet unless I use a type of extension. I have read about changing the power box replacement or that there may be low power in the outlets. I will try it the best way I can. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.
.
An extension cord will work to test, let me know the results when you can.
.