Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a samsung un39fh500f sound but no picture

Customer Question

i have a samsung un39fh500f sound but no picture
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have a samsung un39fh500f sound but no picture i already replaced board L40GF_DDY still no picture
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first note that if you request a phone call , in most cases i can do that but the website charges for this is an EXTRA $18 and NOT TOTAL $18 .
For other billing inquiries phone # *****
That being said ;
That board you replaced would be the power supply part # *****
Can you see that number on a sticker or printed directly on your board ?
Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that number was on the board and the screen is completely blank
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
ThanksSorry to be a stickler here but I need to know exactly what "blank " means here . are we saying background light but no picture or completely dark ,not even a dim light on the screen ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Completely dark no background light
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then the power board was a good guess .Is the tv still connected , do you still have sound ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have it disconnected but less than 30 min ago it still had sound
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Actually was asking because I would have a test for you and that requires a signal and sound to show there is signal .If you can do that then you will need a flashlight and try this; With the tv on (sound and all) turn on the flashlight and press it against the screen then while moving it around , look around the edges of the flashlight and into the screen to see if there is some picture in there ?Note that it may be difficult to see and a dark room may make it easier .Let me know what you see.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I put the flashlight against the screen the picture shows around the edges of the screen
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then you definitely have a backlighting problem and this could get a little tricky now.
Do you have a voltmeter ?
Where did you get that power board anyway ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't have a voltmeter got the board from circuitcircle
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Was that board new ?
How much did you pay for it ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if new 20 dollars shipped
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont know if new was 15 dollars and 20 shipped
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Well , that probably wasn`t new for that price .Samsung sells it $61 new !I got a supplier that will sell it for $34 and it is warranty and tested.Right now without a meter we cannot proceed any further .The ovltages would need to be tested and especially the BLU ON/OFF at pin 5 of CN803 for something like between 3 to 5 volts when the tv is turned on and for that matter the oter voltages indicated on the jumpers near that plug.That terminal (pin 5) is the signal from the main board to turn on and that would need to be tested.If you cannot get a hold of a voltmeter then another option might be to return that board and get the one you can see at the link below ;http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn44-00666a-power-supply-led-board.htmI know these guys and their boards are tested and most often new from overstocks .For now this is pretty much as far as we can go but I will be around at any time if you need my help.If that answers your question for now please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions , thank you .