Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a mistsubishi WS55615 TV and will not power on. the

Customer Question

I have a mistsubishi WS55615 TV and will not power on. the green light keeps flashing and flashing and I have reset it but it still will not come on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. How long have you owned this set for and when did the problem occur? Was it after a storm or power outage?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had the set since 2004. I believe there was a power outage
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply. We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common). However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up. Try this procedure up to 3 times if subsequent tries do not work. Please reply back and we can proceed. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi i am going to try it now.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay that sounds good. Let me know what happens please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi i have tried and the tv still does not come on
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry to hear that, and this is a common issue we see with these older Mits set after a storm, surge or power outage. There are capacitors on the power board that are prone to drifting out of spec, and usually a catalyst like a storm or surge will cause them to fail. It's so common, in fact- that there's a kit available that you can purchase to fix this yourself. Please note you will need to be able to solder in order to fix it. The kit is available at the link below: http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/mitsubishi-ws-55615-blinking-light-repair-kit.html However if this is NOT something you're comfortable with a shop will charge close to $250 parts and labor for this type of repair, and I would consider putting that money towards a new LED/LCD set if it were me- as costs have come down. If you're really partial to this TV though, you can use the link below to locate a tech in your area: www.tvrepairpros.com I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.