Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a 62 inch and my screen looks like the sky at night

Customer Question

I have a 62 inch and my screen looks like the sky at night covered with stars. There are white dots all over the screen. What can I do to solve this problem? I don't want to get rid of it, so what can be done.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you. This kind of problem occurs due to failure of DLP chip in TV, this chip is located on formatter board mounted on light engine and replacement of DLP chip will help to resolve the problem. Please check with following supplier to get replacement DLP chip which would be available around $185..http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=WD-60735This chip replacement should be done by handy person to avoid any damage to TV so if you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...http://www.tvrepairpros.com/I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!
Please reply back here if there is additional questions.
Thank you.