Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I turned my 32 inch tv off on top of tv instead of using remote

Customer Question

I turned my 32 inch tv off on top of tv instead of using remote now power button on tv flashes but will not
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of your Sharp TV?
- Also, how old it is?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lc-37sb24u. maybe 8 or 9 years old
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can the tech call if I give him my #?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for TV model info.Sorry about phone call, I'm not in position to make phone call, working on your TV issue and get back to you in few minutes.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
How many times power light flash and does OPC light flash too?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
power light flashes on off constantly, don't know what opc is
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please try following procedure on TV which will help to troubleshoot the issue..
While holding down the “VOL Down” and “INPUT” keys at a time, plug in the AC cord of the main unit to turn on the power.
Does screen show letter 'K'?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
found opc light does not flash but power light constantly flashes. held volume button down andinput button while powering up did not see letter k
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, it calls one time blink and this error code indicates 'lamp failure' means backlight system failure.
Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If problem persist then I'm afraid it would be hardware failure and possible suspected boards are either power supply or backlight inverter board, swapping the board is only option here, please check with following supplier to get replacement board if they have it in stock if wish to replace it by yourself...
http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=lc-37sb24u
If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we kept pushing buttons and were able to get unit back up but thanks for your input. none of the options you offered helped correct the problem.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, good to know that TV is working now for you.
Please leave the answer as it is and do not rate it.
Thanks and have nice time.