Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Sony Vega Model KDF-55E2000 turns off on its own after 30seconds.

Customer Question

my Sony Vega Model KDF-55E2000 turns off on its own after 30seconds. Sometimes it will turn back on for 10 seconds then off again. When this happens their is a green light that blinks continuously.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- How long the TV have had this problem?
- Does power light on TV turn to flashing red after some time or just keep blinking in green?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just started a day ago. It stays blinking green.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.
These are typical 'failing lamp' symptoms in TV as lamp utilized in this model has limited working hours lifespan and when it reached to end of lifespan either it gets break or start On and Off as you get the symptoms in TV.
Replacement of lamp will help to resolve the problem.
- When did you replace the lamp last time in TV?
If it has not done in last 2-3 years or bought low price/ cheap lamp from Amazon or ebay etc and put it in TV then it is time to get Sony original replacement lamp and install it in TV to resolve the problem.
Lamp replacement procedure is easy and written in TV user manual.
Please reply back if you would like me to provide you lamp supplier and TV user manual download links.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I replaced the lamp a year ago with one from Amazon. I will get a Sony lamp.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good, a Sony original or good quality lamp will resolve this problem in TV, try following supplier or go to Sony Store for replacement lamp..
http://www.dlplampsource.com/
Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
Regards,
Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!
Please reply back here if there is additional questions.
Thank you.