Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have had a 42in. Vizio TV 3 years. Yesterday

Customer Question

I have had a 42in. Vizio TV for approximately 3 years. Yesterday it wouldn't start. The blue light will not come on. Is this now trash or should I try to fix it?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. Have you tried unplugging the tv POWER cord for 3 full minutes? if not, please do so now
2. Is the screen black or is there an error message?
3. If you press menu or volume on the tv itself or the original vizio remote, does anything show up on the screen?
** REPLY to continue **
** do NOT start a new question **
** REFRESH this page if you don't see my reply **
** IGNORE the subscription POP UPS **