Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Sharp 60 TV # ***** the sound every so often goes

Customer Question

my Sharp 60 TV # ***** the sound every so often goes out.......only way I have been able to get sound back on is to turn off POWER, not just turn off set, wait 10 seconds and power up again. This is not working today, how can I resolve this. TV is
6 mos old
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Does this happen with all sources/inputs? (Cable/sat, dvd, game, media/apps, etc)?When you say power, do you mean you are unplugging it or switching off a surge protector strip?Are you using only the tvs internal speakers?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all sources I believe, I only have the TV thru cable box nothing else on it
I unplug from outlet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only using internal speakers also
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Can you please test something else with the tv, even just temporarily. This will help to isolate the source of the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
test what ?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
A source other than cable.A dvd player, or even one of the internal smart apps like netflix or youtube.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Note: Please reply back to me here only. Opening a new question charges you again and delays my ability to respond .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont have a DVD; I tried netflix and it just comes up INitializing Network.......then stops because it takes too long
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
What about any of the other apps like youtube for example?Have you used any of the apps before? If not, and your network isn't setup, then this test wont' be productive at this point and we'll move on to some other steps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, have not used any apps. ONLY use as a TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Okay lets skip that part then.How is the cable box connected to the tv?