Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Runco CL-410 Projector: I replaced the bulb. It now projects

Customer Question

Runco CL-410 Projector: I replaced the bulb. It now projects perfectly for about 45 seconds and then goes dark. Unit remains on, as the audio portion of the tv still works. Also, temp indicator doesn't go on so I don't think it is overheating. Power cycle and it keeps doing the same thing. Ideas?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Where did you purchase the lamp from and for how much?Also, what were the symptoms with the old lamp?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Online from Pureland Supply. $154. October 2013. It's been stored in a cool closet. I've been out of town so I don't remember the error message on the screen, but do know that the old bulb had a lot of hours on it.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Pureland supply is definitely a reputable seller. However the symptoms you have would indicate either the Lamp, or the Lamp power supply (ballast) to be at fault here. Do you still have the old lamp and can you reinstall it so we can narrow down the causes please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure, will follow up when done. Probably 15-20 minutes.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay that sounds good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, old bulb reinstalled. Projects well, except for an intermittent image vibration at the top of the screen. No error warnings in the first 15 minutes. Should I just let it run? Concerned about it going dark in the middle of a movie :-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, eventually going to want to use the new bulb. What do you think the issue with the new bulb is?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Let it run, we're simply checking to see if that new Lamp is out of spec- which it appears to be. These are gas-charged lamps and the filament ignites the gas in the lamp. So even when a lamp lights for a few minutes- half hour, etc.- but shut down, it still means a faulty lamp. So if the old lamp stays running- yet the new one does not, then simply return that new lamp to Pureland for an exchange. You got a bad lamp from them. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.