Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I changed the channel accidentally on my television and now

Customer Question

I changed the channel accidentally on my television and now i have a blue screen and can not get the picture back on. Please help.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first note that if you request a phone call , in most cases i can do that but the website charges for this is an EXTRA $18 and NOT TOTAL $18 .
For other billing inquiries phone # *****
That being said ;
Is this tv connected to a cable box/converter,satellite receiver,digital converter etc ?
Or directly to antenna/cable from the wall outlet ,no box with its own remote ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cable box
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has it's own remote and I manually shut it on and off I accidentally changed the channel and now have a blue screen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
with it's own remote
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Sorry had to step out for a bit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have changed nothing just changed the channel
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
When you pressed the channels buttons on the tv`s remote , it automatically switched to TV mode which is not likely the correct input for the cable boxO.k then look on the tv`s own remote for a button called SOURCE and press that button repeatedly to go through the inputs until it gets back to where the cable box is connected . Let me know how that goes and If that answers your question please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions , thank you .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You did it thank you - You saved me
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Glad to hear that, much welcome and you can reach me here at any time after rating if you have questionsThank you and please take the time to rate my answer positively (click the stars) as it is the only way i get credited for my time helping you.