Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.
329447

I'm trying to get a friends Pro 1000 HD Elite hooked up. I'm

Customer Question

I'm trying to get a friends Pro 1000 HD Elite hooked up. I'm using an s-video cord which is working just fine but there's no sound. For the sound I'm using the red and white mono cords. They're connected to what is labeled '3' into the back of the monitor and connected to a Sony Hi-def 1080 HP dvd player. I set the menu to the corresponding three. No dice. What am I doing wrong?
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way. The Pro 1000 HD does not have its own speakers. You need an external sound system. Double check that for me but I was a Pioneer rep way back when and that set is just a monitor. Let me know your findings. Steve
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?