Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I just bought a Sunbrite 4670HD TV our deck outside.

Customer Question

I just bought a Sunbrite 4670HD TV for under our deck outside. I also have a Samsung LN52A750R1FXZC TV in our main rec room that is on the same wall but inside one floor up from the outside tv. My issue is when I turn our Samsung TV on with the remote (either our Harmany Remote or the remote that comes with the Samsung TV) the TV outside also turns on. but the outside TV doesn't do the reverse. I.E when I turn on the TV outside the Samsung stays off as it should. any help would be great
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
What all input devices do you have connected to the TV?
Try disconnecting ALL input cables from the Sunbrite TV, apart from the power cord, and let me know if the Samsung TV still turns on when you use the remote outside?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See note above on what you have tried before. I have tried this the Samsung remote still turns on sunbrite TV on from our rec room.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
What happens if you cover the IR sensor on the Sunbrite TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The people from Sunbrite TV called me yesterday and said that the Samsung TV is probably set to "any time net" I set it to "off" and everything works the way it should.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Ok, glad to hear you got it sorted!
Best,
Pete.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Gille!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Do you need any further assistance at all?

Let me know,

Pete.