Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a year 2000 Sony Trinitron 32 inch TV. The M

Customer Question

My name is Cora. I have a year 2000 Sony Trinitron 32 inch TV. The Model # ***** ***** The picture keeps blinking off and on. I have good audio, but it takes a long time for the picture to show. I do not have cable, but antenna only.
Cora
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi Cora and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Sony TV. The SU-32A2 is a TV stand.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Louie,Thank you for pointing that out to me. The model number is ***** and serial #(###) ###-####
Cora
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Appreciate the additional information Cora.
The described symptom on a Sony KV-32S26 almost always point to an internal hardware issue. This would would require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.
I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.
It is possible that the fault could be as simple as a cold solder or in some instances a heat related/component about to fail.
Are you considering a repair?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. Can you suggest a good repairman in the vicinity of Oak Park, IL?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Cora, please go to
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
Key in your Zip Code and then click on the Submit button. A list of NESDA accredited TV repair shops would be displayed. Select nearest you and give them a call to inquire particularly on the Service Fees.