Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I bought my vizio tv five years ago. The Youtube app just stopped

Customer Question

I bought my vizio tv five years ago. The Youtube app just stopped working since two weeks ago.I have spoken with my internet provider, who asked me to consult with vizio tech. What can I do to make my tv start receiving youtube again
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Can you please get me the model number off of the back of the TV?
Also, are you using an external device (such as Roku, Apple TV, etc.) to get YouTube, or is it a built in TV App?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HELLO. THE MODEL # ***** ***** /LED HDTV SV472XVT. I 'M USING VIZIO BUILT IN TV APP. I NEED AN ANSWER TO THIS URGENTLY, BECAUSE THE $28 PAID FOR THIS SERVICE SEEMS NOT WORTH IT. ADEOLA O SOPITAN
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.
Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
What do you see when you try to bring up the youtube app? Does it give an error message, or just a gray screen?
Are other apps such as netflix working still?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It goes blank by only having the youtube app on the sceen and not uploading. Other apps, like nitfix, hulu are working perfectly. Except the you tube that we constantly watch in my house hold that of the screen, past four weeks now.. Thanks Adeola Sopitan
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the update, Adeola, and sorry I missed you earlier. Unfortunately, this is a known issue, and is actually a youtube compatibility issue. There was a recent change, starting in April and finalized in May, as a result of changes in the youtube server environment and their security standards.This model tv (and many others that were made prior to 2012) no longer supports the necessary firmware for the youtube app to run on.There is no way to fix this - the tv is simply no longer compatible and not able to support the new youtube software. That cannot be updated or changed unfortunately, youtube will no longer work on this vizio model and vizio will never be able to provide a patch to make it compatible. The only way you will be able to get youtube on this model tv again will be through external hardware. That means connecting an external streaming device. For $30-100 you can buy a a chromecast, roku, appletv, fire tv, htpc or smart bluray player and get all the same functions as your vizio had and many more, with better performance and better support for future update capability. Of these, the fire tv stick is going to give the best features at the lowest price point. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where can I get those stuffs u said above, like Roku. And how can this be installed. Thanks
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Click on any of the specific links I sent earlier, and you can buy it online directly from that link.Example, for the fire tv stick CLICK HEREIt simply plugs into an available hdmi port on your tv (as well as power), you configure it to your home wifi network, just as you would have done with the vizio, then you can start using youtube as well as the other available apps, games, etc It will provide step by step installation instructions in the package as well as on screen during the setup process. If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/ Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan