Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

60pa6500-ua 3 years old.Watching as normal, heard a small

Customer Question

60pa6500-ua 3 years old.
Watching as normal, heard a small pop and the screen went black.
Sound still works as does audio OUT but so picture at all. Tv responsds normally when turned on and using the remote just no picture. Main baord has constant RED led and Logic Board has blinking GREEN led.
Both Y and Z Sus boards heat up nicely adn Voltages appear to be fine on all boards. All fuses checked fine and no obvious capacitor damage.
Buzzing from both Y and Z boards when powered and distinctive Beep/Buzz every one second or so from the Y Sus Board.
Puchased and Repalced Y SUS board from ShopJimmy. All issues remain exactly the same, no changes.
Any Help would be appreciated. Ryan
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Offhand, it sounds as if the Main board (or perhaps the Power Supply) to your TV has broken or failed. I would be inclined to think that the green light blinking on the Logic Board (the smaller board) is an indication of 'operating condition', though I am not quite sure of this with your model. In a similar (but, European) model of your model number of LG TV, replacing the Logic Board for this set of symptoms did NOT solve the problem.
So in sum, Main board is likely enough, Power Supply should be checked with a voltage meter, if you know how to do so and have such a meter. There should be VS and VA voltages with a label identifying the value - I think the VA value is normally about 55 Volts, the VS value is about ... at a guess, only ... 122 Volts or so. There may also be a M5V voltage labeled, if so that should be about 5 Volts.
(Note: I'm not sure of those voltage values. The label should tell, and the voltages I quoted, except for the M5V value, are somewhat uncertain since they are from a European version of your model. ... If the label tells the voltage values, trust the label!)