Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have Cox Cable Contour DVR. When I use the Cox remote or

Customer Question

I have Cox Cable Contour DVR. When I use the Cox remote or the TV remote to set the sleep timer, the receiver box goes off, and the picture on the TV goes off, but the TV is not completely off, and a box comes saying "No Signal--Shut off signal was not activated". I tells me to press "Input". Nothing happens.
Since the receiver goes off, Cox Cable told me it is a TV issue.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
The fact that you are setting the timer and then the box goes off is the issue here, if the box goes off the TV will have no signal so simply put that should not happen, so the box OFF and the sleep timer ON are the same code I am afraid there is no way around that the only thing you can do is when you set the timer you will need to "cover" the box receiver window for IR signals with something metallic to prevent it going off.
Its unusual but can happen
Let me know if you need more info
A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site.
Regards
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply. I put in a credit card number. Since my issue was not resolved, I do not want to be charged for this answer.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you understand that the sleep timer goes off after the number of minutes I had set it for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hoping for a reply soon.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see you were quick to take my money, but I do not have an answer yet. If I do not get a response by 4:00 p.m. today, I want ALL of the money refunded.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not receive a response from the new TV technician. Do not charge more than the $5.00 deposit to my credit card.
Thank you.