Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I cannot get my vizio to connect to the internet. I called their custo

Customer Question

I cannot get my vizio to connect to the internet. I called their customer support number and now I can't get my cable box to connect either.
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I think it is possible, just possible that you had a problem with the cable box all along.
Do you know what changes or tests the customer support (for Vizio) did on your system? that might be significant in this case, if you can recall.
What lights show on the cable box? On, or Flashing, and which lights, is what I need to know. And also, if it's not clear which light is which, what the maker and model # ***** the cable box is.
One thing that can be good for a cable service, is to check that
1. the cable is plugged firmly into the cable box. Unscrew it, then put it back on (tricky if you have arthritis, of course, in which case, don't unscrew it all the way before tightening it down again.)
2. the cable is not broken, severely bent, nor cut anywhere, all the way that you can trace it back to wherever it goes.
And if you can, unplug the cable box for 30+ minutes, then plug it back in again, and wait 3 minutes before trying to connect from the Vizio. And if the Vizio does not connect, not what lights are On or Flashing on the cable box, and note what the error indication on the Vizio is, please, and let me know, so that I can advise you further.