Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

After a storm the tv won't power up. We have pressed and held

Customer Question

After a storm the tv won't power up. We have pressed and held the reset button but the timer button keeper flashing and it won't power up
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
The blinking light is actually a known issue on these Tv's. The storm did not cause the issue, rather the root of the problem was there just waiting to be exposed by any kind of power loss to the tv. There is a $37 repair kit (requires soldering) that will fix the tv. The kit comes with all the parts, instructions, and phone line support. If you get stuck then you can also REPLY back here. If you don't feel comfortable with this kind of thing then you would need to call a repair shop. Link to buy the kit below:
http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/mitsubishi-ws-55859-blinking-light-repair-kit.html
In case you think this answer was of no help to you, I assure you the advice I've given you is well worth it considering the time and money you would have spent using a local repair shop because most shops will collect a non-refundable diagnostic fee up front of $100-$135, then another $150 for labor plus up to $50 for the parts.
Before you go any further, please be sure to take a moment right now to click the positive rating so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not finish or close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating.
I'm sorry there is no easy fix but please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy with your product. Doing that blames me for your problem, destroys my standing here as a professional, and does not issue you a refund. Instead REPLY back here.
Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not worth the money.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Tv shop in home diagnosis collected up front and non refundable is $135.
You just got a $5 diagnosis!
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
As of right now you have saved $130, and can use that toward a new tv if you don't want to spend $300-$350 to have your Mitsubishi repaired. Still not worth it?